May 29, 2023 – This Week at McIvor

Weekly Service

Our weekly service this Sunday, June 4, 2023 at 10:00 a.m. will include a sermon by Pastor Scott entitled, Not Too Salty, a part of the Good to Great series for June. We will also celebrate Communion together.

Audio Team

Our Audio Team is looking for someone interested in learning the sound system to join the team. Please talk to Anne for more information.

Summer Service Proposal

Church council is proposing the following for our summer worship services: that our services be held on Sunday mornings, with the exception of the 3 long weekends in the summer. On those weekends the services would be on the Thursday evening before the weekend. Summer gatherings are often smaller as many people in our congregation go to the lake and/or travel. The music during the summer will be scaled back in terms of the number of people leading the music. Our music teams work hard all year and we want to be mindful of people needing a break so that they can be refreshed in the fall. If you have any questions or concerns about this please speak to a council member or one of the pastors.

Help Send Kids to Camp Arnes

Through the Missions Committee, McIvor has the opportunity to help send 8-10 children who are new to Canada to Camp Arnes for a week this summer. Sunshine Fund will cover 80% of the registration costs; McIvor will cover the remaining 20%, as well as the cost of transportation and needed supplies such as bathing suits, beach towels and bug spray. There is also a need for gently used sleeping bags. If you would like to contribute, please designate your gift to the Campership Fund. For more information, contact Colleen.

Canadian Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches AGM National Assembly – Grace and Truth (John 1:14-17)

CCMBC’s Annual General Meeting is June 8. This is a virtual conference and we are in need of delegates. Not only is it a great opportunity to connect with other members of our community, but it’s also a chance to have your voice heard and contribute to the direction of the church. If you would like to participate as a McIvor delegate, speak to Ron Dyck, a council member, or one of the pastors. Please note that delegates must be church members. More information.

Celebration Sunday

On June 11 we want to celebrate with our Sunday School kids and graduates. If you know of someone in the congregation who has graduated from any kind of post secondary school contact the office know so that we can include them in this celebration.

This Week at McIvor
  • Tuesday 6:30-8 p.m. Movers and Shakers Support Group 
  • Wednesday 7 p.m. – Youth Night
  • Thursday 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. – Harvest Manitoba Food Bank
Looking Ahead
  • June 6 3:30-8 p.m. Quilters
  • June 8 6-8 p.m. CCMBC AGM (online)
  • June 8 7 p.m. Women’s Bible Study
  • June 11 10 a.m. Celebration Sunday

** Please consult the bulletin board for other community events and volunteer and employment opportunities. **

** Church office hours Tuesday to Friday from 9:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m. **

Reimbursement Cheque Request Forms are available in the office mailbox.