August 7, 2022
LS – Multiply worker in Canada
Her transition to work among an unreached minority people group in Toronto
Team building as she launches into this ministry
Summer camps to impact many young lives with the Gospel
August 14, 2022
Lavern Pratt – Multiply worker in Panama
Strategies to build relationships with indigenous women in Panama
Church planting among the Wounaan and Embera people
Strength for this season of transition and language learning
August 21, 2022
Maxym & Anya Oliferovski – Multiply workers to Ukraine
Wisdom as they provide leadership for Multiply work in Ukraine
Strength and safety in the midst of political turmoil, war and displacement
The New Hope Center, now serving as a refugee center
August 28, 2022
Marcela & David- Multiply workers in France
Effective service alongside local MB churches
Leadership development and holistic church planting
Ministry among the Arabic-speaking population
Pray for Albina Nikitina as she leads the production team of Square One World Media’s Russian children’s program, “Ella’s Backyard Vlog”.
Pray for David Pinto as he works on post-production of 13 new episodes of “180 Grados”, Square One World Media’s Spanish TV program.
Praise God for Brenda Grant, the accounting clerk at Square One World Media. Pray that she would have joy and satisfaction in her work.
Pray for Eli Melsness, production assistant, as he fills multiple rolls in Square One World Media’s film and audio studios.
Recovery of Hope
Recovery of Hope, along with the support of Eden Foundation, is very excited to be able to host our third annual cycling event in Winnipeg. This is a fundraiser that supports the Sliding Fee Scale Program of Recovery of Hope, making counselling therapy accessible and affordable to all those who are seeking it.
When: Saturday, September 24, 2022, 9:00 am
Where: Bethel Mennonite Church parking lot, between Harrow and Stafford, north of Taylor Ave in Winnipeg.
For more information, and to register for the ride, please visit Ride for Recovery of Hope 2022 – Eden Foundation Inc (edenhealthcare.ca)
All alumni, current students and families, and friends of MBCI are invited to attend Homecoming 2022! We’re looking forward to celebrating 75+ years of friendship, community, learning, and of God’s faithfulness to MBCI. Saturday, September 24, 2022, 11:00 am to 4:00 pm.
Homecoming is a chance to reconnect with friends, former classmates, and teachers! Join us for a “choose your own adventure” style event. A short opening program in Jubilee Place will kick things off, followed by a wide range of activity options including a choir singalong, a chance to play with other instrumentalists, a volleyball tournament, Improv games, and basketball skills competition. Visit the website to learn more and to register! https://www.mbci.mb.ca/alumni/homecoming/
Bethania Mennonite Personal Care Home is celebrating 75 years! We’re hosting a 75th Anniversary Gala and Spiritual Care Fundraiser on October 20, 2022, at Douglas Mennonite Church. The featured performer at the Gala is Steve Bell. Tickets are available for purchase on our website (www.bethania.ca) or by contacting Sheryl Rempel @ [email protected], we look forward to seeing you there.
- Looking for meaningful work? MCC Manitoba is hiring a Volunteer & Youth Program Coordinator and MCC Canada has openings in IT, Global Service Learning and Migration & Resettlement. For more information and to apply, visit mccmb.ca/openings.
- It’s not too late! CMU is still accepting applications for fall 2022 classes. Whether full- or part-time, while on a gap year, check out our course offerings at cmu.ca/courses. Apply at cmu.ca/apply.
- Want to do some in-depth Bible study or delve into key theological questions? Consider taking a course through CMU’s Graduate School of Theology and Ministry for personal enrichment, professional development, or for academic credit. All courses offered in-person and online. For more information, visit cmu.ca/gstm.
- Xplore: At the Intersection of Faith and Life – Xplore offers life-long learning courses investigating dimensions of the Christian faith, our world, and life in it—all without any assignments or examinations! Join one or more of our six courses in-person or online Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday mornings, beginning October 5. For information and to register visit cmu.ca/xplore.
- MHC Gallery’s next exhibition is: “Mennonite Village Photography: Views from Manitoba, 1890–1940” by Mennonite Historic Arts Committee. The exhibit runs from June 24 to September 10, 2022. Visit cmu.ca/gallery for more details.
- CMU’s Community School of Music and the Arts offers musical and artistic instruction for all ages. Visit cmu.ca/csma for more information.
Winnipeg Mennonite Elementary & Middle Schools is looking for caring and capable people to join our team. We are accepting applications for;
- Grade 1-8 French Teacher
- Educational Assistant
- Capital Campaign Manager
- Superintendent / Chief Executive Officer
Learn more and apply online at wmems.ca/jobs.
Mennonite Brethren Collegiate Institute (MBCI) – Opening for Grade 6 Teaching Position, Full Time, Beginning September 2022. Click here for more details.