Multiply November 2022
Somdy & Chanh Jusse
Multiply workers in Thailand, Canada
Ministry among the Lao, Khmu and Thai people groups of Thailand/
Ongoing church planting, discipleship, and leadership development
Ministry among the Thai community in Ontario
Robert & Anne Thiessen
Multiply workers in Canada
Training and mentoring of new global workers affiliated with Multiply
Discernment of a role in ministry to First Nations peoples
Ongoing mentorship with church leaders in Mexico
Robert & Marlene Baerg
Multiply workers in Mongolia
Effective mentorship, training and discipling of national leaders
Trees of Life Center discipleship and vocational training for young men
For more Christian leaders to rise up in the government sector
Sean & Sandra (S & S)
Multiply workers in East Asia, Canada
Ongoing training and resourcing of nationals for translation work
National churches in East Asia to be mobilized into mission
The Good News to reach minority language groups in this region
- Steve Bell will be in Winnipeg for a Solo Concert on Sunday, November 27th, 7:30 pm at Whyte Ridge Baptist Church (2405 McGillivray). Tickets $25. Visit www.stevebell.com/events for more info.
- Find the perfect locally made gift at Piece it Together’s Christmas Craft Sale! Shop and support MCC’s humanitarian relief efforts. Running Saturday, November 26, 9am – 4pm at Bethel Mennonite Church, 465 Stafford St, Winnipeg.
- Feeding the world? As inflation and a rising cost of living takes hold around the world, we are told again of a “perfect storm” for those dependent on a globalized food system. What does the emerging global food price crisis mean for ordinary life and efforts to feed one’s family? Join Germinating Conversations on November 29, 7 pm, at Canadian Mennonite University (Great Hall, North Campus) for a roundtable dialogue with growers, harvesters and eaters.
- A celebration of 50 years. Join us on Tuesday at 7 pm to celebrate 50 years of MCC Thrift! This special virtual event will celebrate the history, creativity and generosity of the MCC Thrift network and our many dedicated volunteers. Register to attend at thrift.mcc.org/celebrate50.
- Apply now for Fall 2023 at CMU! The $80 application fee will be waived until November 30. Professors as mentors, work-integrated learning opportunities, excellent teaching, and a faith community are only a few of the reasons to choose CMU. Visit cmu.ca/admissions.
- Visit CMU Virtually – The next CMU Virtual Open House takes place on November 30 from 6:00 PM – 7:00 PM (CST). Expect a virtual tour, live questions and answers with our Admissions team, and a chance to hear from faculty and current students. Visit cmu.ca/virtualopenhouse.
- Christmas at CommonWord – Prepare for Advent and Christmas with gift-giving ideas (fair-trade coffee, seasonal books, other books to gift, Indigenous gifts) and church resources (worship, devotionals, group studies, performed dramas). Visit in person (2299 Grant Ave., Winnipeg) or online at commonword.ca. See the online flyer for Christmas sale specials available from November 28 to December 2.
- CMU Festival Chorus – J.S. Bach’s Christmas Oratorio, Weihnachtsoratorium BWV 248, is an awe-inspiring masterpiece for choir, soloists, and orchestra. Enjoy the choir’s stunning musical rendering of the nativity story in all its rejoicing, gladness, and celebration on December 9, 2022 (in Winnipeg, MB) and December 10, 2022 (in Gretna, MB). Details and tickets are available at cmu.ca/festivalchorus.
Pray for Ana Lavrukhina who has joined Square One World Media as production assistant for the Russian children’s project, “Ella’s Backyard Vlog”.
Pray for David Toews, Square One World Media’s ministry partner in Paraguay, as he produces a weekly release of Low German sacred music.
Pray for Grant Hoeppner of Square One World Media as he manages a full and varied production schedule to record and edit Christian media.
- Mennonite World Conference is hiring for a full-time position in North America for a Development Executive. See https://mwc-cmm.org/mwcdevexec for the job posting.
CCMBC Legacy Fund is currently looking to hire an Accounting Clerk to work in our Winnipeg office. We would love to fill this position with someone from our Mennonite Brethren family. We are hoping that you could distribute this job posting among your church members and/or to include it in your online bulletins for the next few weeks. Details about this job opening can be found by clicking the following link: https://ccmbclegacyfund.com/about/work-with-us
- ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT – One Hope Canada is a national ministry partnering with the local church to develop life-long followers of Jesus by clearly communicating the Gospel to more than 30,000 children and youth each year through Bible camps, community outreaches, and innovative ministry strategies. The successful applicant will be responsible for administrative duties and office support. This is a part-time position (with the potential to increase to full-time) in One Hope Canada’s Winnipeg office. See the full job description: www.onehopecanada
- We’re hiring! MCC Manitoba is looking for an Executive Office Administrator. For more information about this position and other openings, visit mccmb.ca/openings.