May 29, 2021
Joanna (Pharazyn) & Jonathan Gutierrez
Multiply workers in Portugal
- Transition to life as new parents
- Jonathan’s learning of the language and culture
- New workers to join their church planting team in Lisbon
June 5, 2021
Johann & Hedi Matthies
Multiply workers in Germany
- Johann’s role as the director of European mission development
- Mobilization of churches to respond to the Ukrainian refugee crisis
- Teams involved in evacuation and relief work along Ukraine’s borders
June 12, 2021
Multiply worker in Germany
- Her ministry and relationships with Arabic and Farsi-speaking women
- Her ministry with children through the Dortmund church plant
- The church’s work to help resettle Ukrainian refugees
June 19, 2021
Multiply worker (worldwide)
- Effective storytelling of global mission through visual media
- For the training of more global workers in this field
- For his transition of this work to Cullen Klassen
June 26, 2021
John & Jenn Johnstone
Multiply workers in Canada
- Their ministry to build bridges between First Nations people and the Church
- Healing in light of the discovery of unmarked graves on residential school land
Pray for Nora Plett, Operations Manager at Square One World Media, as she performs many tasks to keep the front office running smoothly.
Pray for Square One World Media’s partners at The Bible Today in eastern Ukraine as they transport refugees to the west and return east with food and medical supplies.
Square One World Media’s AGM will be held on May 19 at McIvor Church in Winnipeg. Pray that it would be a time of praising God and renewed purpose.
Pray for Ernesto Pinto as he speaks, records and writes for a variety of Spanish media projects at Square One World Media.
Pray for Shoaib Ebadi, Square One World Media’s Executive Director, as he leads the ministry team to share the Gospel through media.
- Has it registered with you – that 320 Princess Street holds a chapel service every Monday morning at 9:00am (apart from holidays) where ALL are welcome?! Come sing praises to Jesus. We have two missionaries who regularly lead in worship. Come hear testimonies and fellowship with the men in our addiction recovery program. Come hear a sermon from one of our gifted chaplains/pastors who call UGM their mission in serving Jesus. Please stay for coffee, visit or tour.
- Can you please help us turn Coleridge’s famous quote, “Water, water everywhere, nor any drop to drink” to “UGM has bottles of water aplenty, for all-comers to drink”! It is a tradition that we call on the church family for bottled water at this time of year. But it is a staple that all year long we can say, “Come! And let everyone who is thirsty come; let anyone who wishes take the water of life as a gift.” Rev 22:17 Donations can be dropped off at 320 Princess St.
For more information, email [email protected]
On the Level Announcement:
The May edition of On the Level is now available from Mennonite Disaster Service. In our current issue: Learn about volunteer opportunities available this summer, we celebrate the MDS career of Jerry Grosh, and an MDS volunteer is reframing the Psalms as Haiku. Click on this link to read more: https://conta.cc/3MqzADF
- Host an MCC workshop on having difficult conversations. The COVID-19 pandemic has prompted some painful exchanges between colleagues, friends and even family members, but so have many other issues. This workshop offers tools for practicing self-awareness, active listening and open dialogue. For more information or to host this workshop, contact Marta Bunnett Wiebe at [email protected] or 204-925-1910.
- Cycle Clear Lake for MCC! Sign up for a beautiful 34 km trail ride on July 2 and raise money to help refugees and displaced people around the world. Find out more and register by June 15
- Are you missing MCC’s annual quilt show and sale? This spring, a group of devoted local quilters is pleased to launch an online quilt shop in ongoing support of MCC’s relief efforts. Visit pieceittogether.ca on the web shop’s launch date — May 29 — for the best selection of quilts, table runners, handbags and more!
- We’re hiring! MCC Canada currently has openings in human resources and finance. For more information and to apply, please visit mccmb.ca/openings.
- Consider CMU: “Where learning and career connect.” Virtual open house on Wednesday, May 25, 6:00–7:00 PM CDT. Receive a virtual tour of CMU’s campus, ask questions of our Admissions team, hear from faculty and current students, and learn about our free tuition for a year contest. Visit cmu.ca/virtual-open-house.
- CMU Golf Classic. Support CMU student athletes and the CMU financial aid program by attending the 21st Annual CMU Golf Classic. Wednesday, June 15 at Bridges Golf Course in Starbuck, MB. Visit cmu.ca/golf for details.
Winkler Bible Camp
- May Drive-thru Fundraiser Meal – Join us on Thursday May 26 for a drive-thru fundraiser meal! Reservations are required. To make a reservation or find more information on the event, please visit our website.
- Family Fun Day – Pack up the family and join us at camp for a day filled with awesome camp activities, tasty food and fun for your family and friends! We will be open on Saturday June 4 from 11:00 am to 6:00 pm. Cost is $5.00 per person at the gate. Please visit our website for more details.
- Senior Day – Join us on Sunday June 5 for a refreshing time of fellowship and fun with friends. Come see all the changes we’ve made to the site in the last two years and enjoy some delicious food! Deadline to register is May 27. Visit our website, email [email protected] or call the office at 204-325-9519 to register.
- Day of Prayer for Camps – We hope you are planning to join with churches across our nation to pray for camps on Sunday May 29th! Camp is a significant time of spiritual growth in the lives of many children attending many of our great camps across the province. We are so excited for what this summer will hold. We know that our Father wants to use these ministries to evangelize, encourage and equip children to follow Him!
UGM has an opportunity to join our team at the Women’s Charis Centre as a full-time Counsellor. This exciting opportunity is for someone that has a desire to work with women who are struggling with addiction and would like to utilize their skills and experience for God’s purposes. We also have an opportunity to work in the office as a Finance Assistant at the 320 Princess location. The position would support with donations, from receiving to donor acknowledgement, support of accounts payable and receivables and donor care. Click the Employment Page to see the job description for these positions and to apply online.
MBCI Employment Opportunities
- Various Teaching Positions
- Grade 7 Teaching Position
- Resource and EAL Teaching Position
- Visual and Digital Arts Teaching Position
Winnipeg Mennonite Elementary & Middle Schools is accepting students from Kindergarten-Grade 8. Experience Christ-centred education in a vibrant school community. Apply online or take a tour; visit wmems.ca to learn more.
One Hope Canada is a national ministry partnering with the local church to develop life-long followers of Jesus by clearly communicating the Gospel to more than 30,000 children and youth each year through Bible camps, community outreaches, and creative ministry strategies. The successful applicant will be responsible for administrative duties and office support. This is a full-time position in One Hope Canada’s Winnipeg office. See the full job description: www.onehopecanada.ca/careers.
Living Bible Explorers Summer Day Camp Director Grow as a leader and a disciple of Christ! LBE is looking for mature, faith-filled individuals to run week long day camps with Christ-centered themes and action-packed adventure. For more info and to apply online go to http://www.livingbibleexplorers.com/get-involved/employment/